Jodi Bolo Rongin is an arts-for-change venture aimed at addressing social and cultural issues through art and literature. Initiated in 2016 as a Facebook page (sharing daily posts coupling lines from Bengali poems, stories, novels, songs etc. with South Asian art) which now has over 11,000 followers, it has also hosted a number of offline events, often in collaboration with other cultural organizations in Kolkata, including Apeejay Bangla Sahitya Utsab, The Musiana Collective, Bondu, Janus Cultural Society and ThinkArts.
- To use the arts to address social and cultural issues, especially those concerning children and youth.
- To create opportunities for young people from diverse communities to access the arts to express themselves and communicate their issues to wider audiences.
- To promote the Bengali language, currently under threat due to a number of social, political and economic factors.
- To promote upcoming young artists in Bengal experimenting with new mediums and forms.
- To collaborate with other organizations working in similar fields.
Proiti Seal Acharya
Advisor: Dr. Arna Seal
Jodi Bolo Rongin is a registered trust.
Dr. Arna Seal
Mr. Nasir Hussain